The Web has changed the way the world looks at information. The expanding role of IT in business, science, government, social structures and personal lives is obvious in the current generation. As an academic discipline, IT focuses on meeting the needs of users within organizational and computing technologies.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates will have skills and knowledge to excel in their professional career in Information Technology and related disciplines
- PEO2: Graduates will contribute and communicate effectively within the team to grow into leaders
- PEO3: Graduates will practice lifelong learning for continuing professional development
- PEO4: Graduates will have the capability to continue their formal education and successfully complete an advanced degree
Student outcomes (SOs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, and basic sciences appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies
- An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation, and administration of computer-based systems
- An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment
- An understanding of best practices and standards and their application
- An ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
The B. Tech. program provides graduates with the skills and knowledge for appropriate professional positions and helps them reach upto leadership positions or pursue graduate studies and research in the ¬field. The program is designed so that the students develops a practical understanding of programming languages, web technologies, networking technologies, information management and cybernetics. The courses on virtualization and cloud computing enable the students to keep abreast of the latest technologies and tools used in the IT industry.
Students get to work in many top notch IT companies like IBM, TCS, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP Labs, Wipro, HCL, Capital IQ and Payoda through campus recruitment. The trend of a sizeable number of graduates travelling to USA, Canada, UK, Australia and Singapore for MS programs is increasing.