Communications is a highly important and growing field and students should have opportunity to gain familiarity with communication test equipment and measurement techniques. The Communication lab focuses on training the students in both analog and digital transmission/reception of signal. Through lecture, lab and out of class assignment, students are provided learning experiences that enable them to carry out various types of modulation/ demodulation experiments.
This lab is equipped with following number of kits:
4. Function Generator
5. Amplitude & Frequency Modulation/Demodulation
6. PAM, PWM, PPM Modulation/Demodulation
7. TDM, FDM Multiplexing & De-multiplexing
8. ASK, PSK, FSK, DPSK, QPSK Modulation/Demodulation
9. Data Formatting
10. Pre-emphasis and De-emphasis
Digital Electronics Lab:
This course provides a lab that allows students the opportunity to enhance their understanding of digital electronics. Emphasis is placed on number systems, Boolean algebra, logic families, medium scale integration (MSI) and large scale integration (LSI) circuits, analog to digital (AD) and digital to analog (DA) conversion, and other related topics. Upon completion students should be able to demonstrate a general understanding of digital fundamentals.
Digital Electronics Laboratory is fully equipped with the required instruments such as C.R.O., Millimeters, signal Generator etc. to conduct experiments with digital ICs for UG students. The details of the various instruments are as follows.
- Trace Triggering Oscilloscope
- Micro-controller based design
- True RMS measurement
- Diode testing
- Auto, manual ranging
- 20A current range
- Electronic protection against wrong connection
- Precision decade dividing for sensing
Digital trainer kit
- TTL/CMOS compatible logic level input.
- TTL or CMOS logic selectable by a toggle switch.
- Logic HIGH and logic LOW displayed by dual colour LED.
- crystal generated clock output of 1MHz,100 Hz,10 Hz and 1 Hz
- Logic probe to check logic LOW, logic HIGH or pulse.
7-segment display with BCD inputs.
- Facility of segment control on two displays
- The system requires +5V and CMOS supply for its operation
Electronic Devices and Circuit Laboratory
The objective of this laboratory is to teach the details of course through hands-on experience by examining the electrical characteristics of various semiconductor devices, such as diodes, BJTs and FETs. To provide the student with the capability to use simulation tools for performing various analysis of semiconductor devices. This lab course is to train the learners to design and analyze the operation of discrete electronic circuits and understand their functionality. It also supports many experiments and new ideas which are evolved in the mind of students. More emphasis is given to troubleshooting which is designed to simulate realistic circuit faults. This lab course is to train the learners to design and analyze the operation of discrete electronic circuits and understand their functionality. It also supports many experiments and new ideas which are evolved in the mind of students. More emphasis is given to troubleshooting which is designed to simulate realistic circuit faults.
MICROWAVE AND OPTICAL COMMUNICATION LAB
The Department of ECE has set up microwave laboratory since the department has started in the year 2005. It provides the necessary support for training the students in the area of RF and Microwave Engineering. Microwave Integrating Circuit laboratory has been planned to set up to provide instruction to the students in the area of microwave engineering. It is specifically planned to design the modeling and research towards microwave.
The microwave and optical laboratory consist of basic microwave and optical equipments for the use of B Tech and research students. Some of the basic facilities are:
- Klystron based microwave workbenches at X band range
- Unknown impedance measurement
- Directional coupler measurement
- E plane, H plane and Magic Tee measurement
- Standard antennas for antenna gain and radiation pattern measurements
- Gunn based microwave workbenches at X band range
- Analog and Digital Optical kit
- Numerical aperture measurement
- Bending loss measurement
- Other microwave components like E plane, H plane, Magic Tee, Parabolic antenna, twisters, horn antennas , attenuators – fixed and variables, isolators, circulators, phase shifters etc
- MATLAB v 2015
Printed Circuit Board(PCB) Design Laboratory
Electronics and communication engineering department has one printed circuit board laboratory which is utilized by first year students from ECE and EEE branches for Electronics Engineering Practices Course. Main purpose of this laboratory is to train the students with the knowledge of PCB design and fabrication processes.Students designing PCB’s for their mini and major projects also utilize this laboratory where circuit simulation is performed and layout is extracted from available software and printed circuit boards are designed using hardware.
In 2013, the laboratory was implemented and it is specially engaged to design printed circuit boards.
This lab is utilized for conducting the following course(s):15EC102L – Electronics Engineering Practices
The laboratory uses the following software and devices:
Cadence – Orcad Pspice schematic editor to design electronics circuits which will be made as printed circuit boards
Hardware Laboratory Usage:
PCB laboratory station is equipped with following hardware’s
- Power supply
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope
- Function generator
- Digital Multimeter
- Hand tool kit for circuit assembly
- Soldering station, components and PCBs.
- PCB Shearing Machine
- PCB Drilling Machine
- Roller tinning Machine
- Illuminated art work table
- Etching Machine
- Photo resist DIP coating machine
- PCB curing Machine(oven)
- PCB art work film maker
- Double sided U.V. Exposure unit
- Precision Knife
Location and Hours
The PCB Design lab is located in Academic Block – Ground Floor
Open Door Access: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Scheduled classes take priority
VLSI Design Laboratory
The objective of this laboratory is to teach the details of Digital and Analogue IC Design and Manufacturing Process to the undergraduate as well as postgraduate students. The VLSI laboratory is well equipped with 60 high end PCs with various licensed software and 5 Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA Boards for students. Both B. Tech & M. Tech students utilize this laboratory for their project work as well. The various licensed software are Cadence, XILINX ISE 9.1, Matlab, Model SIM, Orcad. The students use Programming Languages like VHDL, Verilog, etc. to do their course work and project work.
|Name of the Equipment
|Spatron Prototype FPGA Board
|Xilinx ISE Series Software